Laboratory Corporation of America (Phlebotomist) Patient Services Technician Specialist in Abbeville, South Carolina
You love to interact with patients and play a role in their overall healthcare experience. As our PST Specialist, you-ll be able to do just that. Our technology is second to none in the industry, and you-ll work with new electronic reporting and accuracy tools, allowing you to focus on your patients and increase your success rates. Along with patient collection and obtaining specimens for processing, you-ll pack and ship specimens as well as prepare samples. Your daily interaction with patients and sense of ownership, will be essential to our success.
Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (NYSE: LH), an Standard & Poor's company is leading a life sciences company, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostics solutions, brings innovative medicine to patients faster and uses technology to provide better care. With net revenue in excess of $59 billion in 2016, LabCorp's 50,000 employees serve clients in 60 countries.
Our requirements include:
· An essential function of this job requires the ability to differentiate color.
· High school diploma or equivalent, as well as Phlebotomy certification (where required) from an accredited agency
· Completion of an approved phlebotomy training course (or equivalent)
· Valid driver's license with clean driving record
· Strong communication skills: both written and verbal
· Ability to work independently or in a tem environment
· Comfortable working under minimal supervisor
· Minimum of 2 years of experience as a patient service technician/phlebotomist
· Proficiency in the following: blood collection by venipuncture and capillary technique from patients of all age groups, urine drug screen collections, paternity collections, breath/saliva alcohol testing, LCM/Cyber Tools, TestCup, pediatric blood collections, and difficult draws(patients in long-term care facilities, drug rehabilitation facilities, prisons, psychiatric facilities, or similar facilities)
· Perform data entry of patient information in an accurate and timely manner
· Process billing information and collect payments when required
· Prepare all collected specimens for testing and analysis
· Maintain patient and specimen information logs
· Provide superior customer service to all patients
· Administrative and clerical duties as necessary
· Travel to additional sites when needed
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.